Katherine A. Valltos
GovConRx Executive Vice President
Katherine Valltos served 34 years in federal service as a former Operational Contracting Officer and Senior Acquisition Executive. She retired in 2017 from the Department of Interior’s (DOI) Acquisition Management Directorate which is a full-service acquisition center serving not only the DOI but all other federal agencies. Katherine co-founded the Interior’s GovWorks organization which later merged into the DOI Office of the Secretary, Interior Business Center. Inter-Agency contracting provided her the unique opportunity to reach across governmental boundaries to serve a diverse and dynamic client-base of over 50 federal agencies including both the DoD and civilian agencies.
The broad exposure gained by working in this cross-agency environment allowed Katherine to gain exceptional experience in the application of effective communication methods, best practices and lessons learned. She is driven by a passion to support the mission of government by working collaboratively with industry partners to deliver premier service and product solutions in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Immediately after her federal retirement, Katherine joined the Evermay Consulting Group, a premier advisory firm specializing in a mission-first business model. Under the leadership of other former federal Senior Executives, Evermay was uniquely qualified to provide insights into the holistic Federal Acquisition process encompassing Mission, Program and Procurement perspectives. With her extensive experience in both commercial contracting and formal source selection, Katherine gained the confidence of both her federal and Evermay clients.
Katherine’s career accomplishments and awards include:
- Leading the multi-billion Military OneSource Program in support of the DoD’s Military Community and Family Policy program which winning the Federal Acquisition Institute’s award for Acquisition Excellence in 2010
- Supported the contract award for the Department of Commerce Recovery Act award for the Broadband Technology Opportunity Program
- Led the Department of the Interior's acquisition support for the study to examine the causes of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico
- Meritorious and Distinguished Service awards for civilian service
- Commendation for extraordinary long- term acquisition support of key DoD, OSD Departmental programs by the Director, Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy
- Winning a Kelman Award while at DOI
- Published in the Office of Federal Procurement Policy’s “Best Practices”